At danceSing we believe that everyone should be offered opportunities during their day to participate in meaningful activity that promotes their health and mental wellbeing.
Mental, physical and social wellbeing is key to optimum functioning and independence, such as life satisfaction, optimism, self-esteem, feeling in control, having a purpose in life, and a sense of belonging and support.
Created exclusively for the care home and care community, and developed in consultation with NHS healthcare professionals, the danceSing Care programme aims to maximise emotional, physical, creative, intellectual, and spiritual stimulation.
Let danceSing bring the magic of music and movement with their unique and innovative danceSing Care wellbeing programme.
Benefits for those who participate:
- Improved enjoyment of life and self-confidence;
- Increased self-esteem and positive feeling about oneself;
- Increased independence, control, and choice;
- Improved memory and dexterity;
- Improved mobility, strength, co-ordination, and circulation;
- Reduced dependency on others;
- Increased levels of resilience and ability to cope;
- Reduced depression and effects of dementia;
- Reduced pain and recovery time;
- Improved levels of motivation to participate in day-to-day activities.
Potential benefits for carers:
- Greater job satisfaction;
- Work becomes more sociable, with increased conversation and activity;
- Raised expectations of participant capabilities, thus reducing levels of dependency;
- Helping carers get to know the people they care for much better;
- Activities for those being cared resulting in opportunities for carers to participate in new activities and develop new skills themselves.
Our bespoke sessions are a mixture of fun, challenge, and mental stimulus and have been designed and developed to make a positive difference to the lives of everyone who participates.