This health and wellbeing statement is important to protect you and the people you care for.
It applies to all danceSing Care session participants and must be read, understood, and agreed to by the care provider, on behalf of anyone participating in one of our sessions.
By “participants” and “participating” we mean anyone taking part in a danceSing Care session (and, of course, this includes session facilitators/carers and well as the people in your care).
- The danceSing Care programme has a physical element to it. Participants must listen to their body and work at a level that is appropriate to their health and ability. Take breaks when needed and keep hydrated, ensure everyone has space to workout, clear of any objects, loose floor coverings, pets, children, other people, or equipment not currently in use.
- If you know or are concerned that anyone you care for has a medical condition which might in any way affect their safety or the safety of others, we strongly advise you to seek and follow advice from a relevant medical provider before participation in any danceSing Care sessions. Follow all safety instructions and guidance provided.
- If at any time a participant feels pain, discomfort, dizziness, or nausea, they should slow down and stop slowly. Then consult a medical provider.
- If participating with a child, please assess the suitability of the programme first and consult with the child’s doctor or physician to confirm that they are fit to take part in danceSing Care. If at any time a child experiences pain, discomfort, dizziness, or nausea, they should be instructed to slow down and stop exercising slowly. Again, then consult a medical provider.
- If anyone participating is pregnant or has any underlying or special medical conditions, they must first consult a doctor or physician to seek medical advice and confirm they understand the risks, contraindications, and complications of using this programme. Failure to do so could result in significant injury to them and others (including, if applicable, their unborn child).
- By logging on to the danceSing Care resource portal, I acknowledge I have read, understand and agree with this statement.
Download the PDF version of this document here.